Who is your favorite Pagan/Witchcraft author, and what is your favorite Pagan/Witchcraft book?

I know this has been asked before. I've asked these before. However, we get new members all the time, and preferences change, so I thought I would ask again.

My favorite author right now... It's honestly a tie between Z. Budapest and Dorothy Morrison. I LOVE their books so much.

My current favorite book... Well, I'm reading several lol, and they're all kicking the butts of my old favorites... Ok, either The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries (by Z.), or Everyday Moon Magic (Dorothy).

Oh, and btw, in case somebody thinks so, I wasn't using Pagan and Witchcraft interchangeably in my question, it was just shorter than typing out and/or so the question subject wasn't super long.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know that I have a favorite author. But I've been on a huge Starhawk kick lately. Honestly, other than Bucky (who I find obnoxious) I have yet to find one that I don't enjoy reading at least on some level!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I dont read spiritual books a ton but my favorite book would be The Essentials of Hinduism by Swami Bhaskarananda.

I also enjoyed the books I read by Patricia Telesco as well as the Idiots Guide to Wicca/Witchcraft.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm going to say "Creating Circles & Ceremonies: Rituals for All Seasons And Reasons" by Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, but that's more due to me running to the book every time we've got a ritual to plan. Out of all my books that's the one that's used the most. My pages are already dog eared and I've only bought it last year. The second most referenced book for me would be "A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook" by Stewart Farrar. I think it's even better than Uncle Bucky's Big Blue Book!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I like the Witches' Goddess/God by the Farrars.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

- I'm so joking by the way, I just had to post to be an ass =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I really don't have a fav, but I'm answering so that I can keep a check on this one and maybe find some new books to check out.

Bumped ya too!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• A Witch's Book of Answers by Eileen Holland. It's a FAQ with anecdotes and meant for all levels.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My husband saw the question and wanted me to add H.P. Lovecraft to the list.
    Go Cthulu, there is no lesser evil!!!

(yes he's a dork but I love him anyway)
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2011