Who all has had their children close together and how has it been for you?

I'm just curious as to how many people have had their children close together and how it has been for you? Also how close together are they?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• My first 2 are 16 months apart. My middle 2 are 25 months apart. My youngest two are 21 months apart. That's 4 kids, oldest was 5 years 3 months old when the 4th was born. It's been fine. I wouldn't go back and do it any other way.
    Anonymous

• 18 months apart. Hard at first with the diapers and terrible twos with a baby but well worth it now. Maybe not so good come college due to costs!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How close is close together? My first two are 26 month apart, my second and 3rd are 2.5 years apart to the day. It was busy but it worked out fine.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My kids are 3 years, 5 months apart. my friend in high school and her sister are 18 months apart and still fight like cats and dogs (my friend and I will be 30 this year). Two of my husband's brothers are 11 months apart and also don't get along that well growing up or now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My first 2 are 13 months apart and the second and third are 20 months apart, so 3 kids in 33 months. I absolutely love it. The roughest patch was when baby #3 was born. That was when I was tired the most. Once my dd (the baby) got on a nursing schedule and was sleeping through the night I finally got my energy back and such. My kids are now 1 1/2, 3 and 4. They are the best of friends. I love listening and watching them play together. Having kids close together wasn't the hard part for me, the hard part was my body felt it worse with every pregnancy. I was definitely more sore and tired with each pregnancy. Even with that we are planning on going to try to have 2 more close together when our oldest turns 5.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My first 3 are each a year apart. 15 months and 13 months between them. That means the oldest was 2 years, 4 months when she became a big sister for the SECOND time. It wasn't that bad. The first few months were rough with getting up all hours of the night with the baby then dealing with 2 toddlers during the day, one which didn't nap so I never got a break. I ended up having a nervous breakdown because I had zero help. We were living with my dad and he made things as hard as he could for me (as punishment for ruining my life by having kids) and my husband was always working. There were days at a time that I only saw and talked to the kids.
    But once I figured out I didn't have to do everything for everyone all the time it got better. They are 10, 9 and 8 and are still very close (even if they fight all the time). I also have an almost 5yo and an almost 8mo.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My boys are 18 months apart. When they were little, it was difficult especially when my husband was deployed. As they got older, it got easier. Until the were in Junior High, they fought. All the time. Now, they get along pretty well, but it can be stressful trying to get both of them ready for after high school.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 8:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 8,5,4,1 and 3 otnhes.... we love it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2011