• In the Spotlight:

What would you do?.?.?.

if you just found out that your ex who decided to take a "break" 4 months ago is now engaged to a girl he met in february? first I was numb, then I broke some plates (ds is at dad's house tonight)...now i'm so angry i don't know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• take it as a blessing..he was not man enif for you I know its hard but when you do find true love you will look back and be glad...hugs

Anonymous

• Count your lucky stars... he did you a favor by taking the break and staying gone. He just should've been honest about it (but it hurts a lot more when you KNOW they're leaving you for someone else I think).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• From what I know, when a man says he wants to take a "break", it really means he wants to break up.
    I'm guess I'm on the other end of that. After my DH ex- gf decided to move to New Mexico, he took at "break" from her and soon after met and moved in with me. She considered and still considers it as him cheating on her with me. That was 7 years ago and she still is bent about them breaking up.
    I would say, as hard as it is, mourn the loss of him and let it go. He wasn't meant for you. It doesn't make him a bad person because he didn't want to be with you. Whomever you're suppose to have that ultimate connection with could be right around the corner, esp now that you're not tied down with someone that didn't want to be in a relationship with you.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• he's not worth all the pain or anger your going through. let it go...i know harder said then done. you'll find someone better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• beat tahe hell out of him the next time he shows his face at your door and put sugar in his gas tank
    Anonymous

• If he's an ex wouldn't you expect that he got on with his life? Usually taking a break means they are dating other ppl. I would think that you would have done that as well to make sure he was the right person for you. Obviously, he doesn't think he is. Now be greatful he's gone so you can find the right guy for you.
    Anonymous

• Dont look back move forward. You will look back one day and think why did i get so upset. its going through all the motions thats hard but be strong you will get throug it. you will be okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'd be thanking the gods I escaped that fate. Holy cowabunga! Would you really want to marry someone like that? Lying, cheating scumbag.....think about it. I don't envy the poor girl he's marrying.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 1:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• His use of the word "break" was a cowardly way of ending it. I hate to bad mouth him, but I think he did you a favor. It hurts to be treated so badly, and to think he couldn't be a man about it. But you have two choices: (1) be upset and continue to replace your dinnerware, or (2) see this as a blessing, and find a man who knows what it means to be a man.

I wish you the best.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008