My baby has diarrhea and a horrible diaper rash....

My son is 10 months old and has had diarrhea since yesterday. I called the dr this morning and told them that he has diarrhea, has been vomiting, has a horrible diaper rash and his fever is 100.0 rectal. That was this morning. I was told to put him on pedialyte and the baby ensure drinks. So he has been on pedialyte all day and started the baby ensure drinks since maybe 4. He has no fever but his bottom is so raw that he cries before I even take the diaper off. Nothing is helping. I am changing him about every 1-2 hours. I've tried using Bordeaux and Destin. The diarrhea wont stop and the rash has gotten even worse. I;m scared it will began to bleed soon. What do yall suggest. I am on edge!!!

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be a viral infection i would push fluids and make sure you are getting wet diapers.
    hope all goes well for you
    hang in there
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I used aveeno diaper rash cream and it helped alot, sometimes when it gets really bad it's better to just use baby powder to keep it more dry than diaper rash cream. When you change him try using a warm wet wash cloth and pet it dry then put lost of baby powder. Poor little fellow :( Hope he gets well soon!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• love Triple Paste. It claims to work in one use with a money back guarantee. Kinda pricey $9 for one small tube at walmart or go to Walgreens and buy it in the tub for like $32. It worked for my daughter. Personally I like the tub b/c you can be sure to get all of it out. If you do spring for the tube at walmart it is in a box and if you open the box you can snag the $1 coupon and use it now.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 9:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Avoid wipes! Use a wash cloth with warm water. It's the best thing for a raw butt. I would take him the the doctors for a prescription diaper cream...my son is 11 months and we went through this at 6 months and the prescription cleared it up in 1 day!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• When my babies did this I put them in the bath to clean some of the poop off the rash and to let it have breathing time. When I put butt cream on I also powdered baby to help keep the acids off the skin.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2011