IF YOU SPANK OPEN HAND HOW MANY SWATTS DO YOU

normally do . ? how old is the child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Who is going to hold you down?
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ugh, looks similar to the question about feeling guilty because you spanked too hard.  You need help just because you even have to ask these questions.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't do over 3..But, That's the way I feel a about it...The age it is hard to say..It depends on the child and what he/she did..time out might work better or taking away t.v time and toys
    newbabystarr09

Answer by newbabystarr09 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• one light swat on the butt is fine... never hard, just enough to get the childs attention...... i prefer to put my child in time out rather then ever hit.....
    Aimes85

Answer by Aimes85 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• When my children were growing up spanking was a way of disipline. They never got spanked out of anger and they would usually get 3 or four depending on what they did!!! Also they were not hit hard but it was hard enough to get their attention.
    Also I would like to say in my opinion that is what is wrong with a lot of our kids today. If you spank them it's considered abuse and now kids will call 911 and tell them one of their parents hit them. This is just wrong!!!
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well open hand is all you should ever do, and 2 is the max fr all our kids, and we have 5, nly the 8,5,and4 year old have ver been spanked, and maybe twice at that! You might want to refreain from it though as it seems you have lost control!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Never more than one but thats just me. I spank after 2 wanings.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2011