Do you ever feel guilty and wonder if you MIGHT HAVE spanked

to hard? later felt bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is this the same person calling her kid stupid? You need help...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've raised two beautiful adults and have three teens and never spanked once. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO GUILT!!!! :)
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Spanking used to be much more acceptable than it is today. We've learned that spanking only damages the relationship between parent and child. The only answer is to never do it again. And apologize to your child. Explain why you've decided it's not appropriate, and that it won't happen again.
    NindoMom

Answer by NindoMom at 11:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• NO.  Because I don't spank.  I know, it's a personal choice and I respect that.  What I do not respect is someone who thinks it might have been too hard, because if you're questioning it then it probably was.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've raised 4 wonderful adults, myself. Yep, they each got spanked, which by the way is not abuse. Not excessively, but on rare occasion. I feel absolutely NO GUILT whatsoever. And, they don't think I was a bad mother. In fact, they think a lot of kids in today's society could use a good butt kickin' themselves.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have been there. I use spanking as discipline when needed and believe there is a fine line between discipline and abuse. I also use other methods of punishment such as time outs and taking away toys or privileges and reward for good behavior. Anyway, Yes there have been a couple times when I have spanked (not beaten) and walked away crying because I thought I may have popped them too hard. This doesnt mean I left marks or welts. So no one take it the wrong way.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am sorry that people are being so mean to you, personally do spank, but not very often, and no, I avent ever flt tha way, but I have a friend from the south wo is a belt spaner and she has! If ou feel that you are not controlling spanking well, then itreally is not the best opion for disciplinefor you! Fid an aternative, b/c if you are worried you spanked too hard, you probably spanked in anger, which means youlost control! GL!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011