OMG! Talk me out of this! I DO NOT want another baby.

So, lately I've been thinking of babies and how much, even tho I complained the whole time, I miss having a baby belly. And how even after 2, I want to experience another labor and do things different. And breastfeed another baby (longer this time) and just have another baby but SO and I decided that we have enough, even though we'd both like to have a boy. He has a girl, I have a girl, and WE have a girl so 3 girls and we just don't want more kids. So....someone remind me of the bad parts.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• First of all-- I love the answer given by Anonymous!! LMBO!!!! So true. Secondly, sometimes I think like you do....I just love, love, love that infant/newborn stage where they are so cuddly and smell so good, and you hold them in your arms and they stay where you put them. I think about how I loved feeling a baby in my tummy, and breastfeeding my babies, and I feel that yearning inside me. But then I think beyond that newborn stage and all the stuff that comes with the responsibility of another child. Sleepless nights, being so tied down when you have an infant, all the diapers and baby food, fussiness, tiredness. And I think of how many days I just wanna escape from my life now when I have only 2 kids--how some days I'm at the end of my rope and just wanna scream or pull my hair out, and how I'm so tired of not having any time to myself. I know I have all that I can handle and it usually pulls me back into reality!!
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• throwing upfirst this.

toddler tantrumthen this

Anonymous

• Welllll, more money, morning sickness, the bad pregnancy symptoms then dealing with babies when they are sick. lol There are alot of negatives but they are all worth it lol
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Babies are babies for about 5 mins. & the idea of having 4 teenage girls is SCARY!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's hard to find anything bad about having a little baby around (I have a 4 year old a 2 year old and a 2 month old). So I would have to say sleepless nights diapers and more diapers, and less money. Babies are expensive, kids are expensive, it can just get expensive lol.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 11:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I know the though of a baby sounds good. But if you really want to be talked out of it, morning sickness, long labor, nights that you don't get much sleep, lots of diapers, crying, tantrums, spit-up, lots of bottles, feeling like you don't have enough time to do everything, not to mention the other kids would be jealous.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'd like to help, but I have 8 so I am obviously not very good at talking myself outta more :)
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have 11 y/o boy..8 y/o boy n almost 3y/o girl..even though i DO NOT want another baby it is hard at time cause u do miss them lil...so now i say ill just borrow LOL
    desires0123

Answer by desires0123 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Poopy diapers. That's enough for me. I'm on the cusp of potty training. My youngest will be 2 soon...seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Colicky, diapers, bottles(even breastfeeding when you pump), the never ending nights, up and out of bed every two hours, spit up all over you just after you get dressed, a nice claim long hot shower,sleep, more laundry to do, money, late nights, crying sick baby who cant tell you whats wrong, beby growing pains, teething, food being thrown at you, sleep, maybe another house like a bigger one to have room for 4 kids to grow in, bigger car to sit 4 kids, more toys cuz you know kids dont like to share, sleep, laundry, less time with hubby, morning sickness, your growing pains, the waiting the last month for baby to come so your body will be comfy again, alone time, just a few things I could come up with off the top of my head. you will be going threw, giving up, or need to get........by the way did I say SLEEP!!!!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011