Husbands??!!

Okay... please clue me in if something's wrong here:
I drop my son off at the mother-in-laws. My husband's running late. He knew there was a bottle on the rack but it's no longer there. Hmm... now, he KNOWS i don't use bottles... I strictly breastfeed my son. I put it in the diaper bag and didn't think to tell him. Don't you think he'd go on the simple hunt for it, considering we talked about said bottle the night before? ( it was thawed out breast milk ... good for 24 hours ). Needless to say, that went to waste.
It's always sad to have to throw out breast milk.

Next...
So he bottle feeds my son when i'm at work night.
I have shown him how to wash and rinse the bottles. Simple, right?
Nope.
He leaves them in the sink. Dirty.
I get home just after 11pm. We pass each other in the doorway, typically.
My son goes down at approximately 8pm each night.

He comes home, plops down on the couch, in front of his newest thing.. the big screen tv... with the laptop in front of him, and tends to my son as needed but does nothing else to help.

Am I being too picky?
I mean... a mom can only do so much.
Help pick up the slack is all I ask.
Too much?

weimj396

Asked by weimj396 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww poor mama....it seems like a little thing to be irritated about but sometimes it's the build up of a bunch of little things that can piss us off the most lol...Does he try to help out in other ways and he just dropped the ball this time? I've got a hubby much like yours and I don't know what to do either so while I can't offer any advice I can definatly understand your pain lol Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Technically, it's not hard. But, they always find a way to make it hard. Which is typical.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My husband helps me out allot around the house BUT only when I ask him and half the time he half as*es it lol. So if I want something done the right way or to my standards I do it myself. But when you have a 4 yr old and a 10 month old you learn to just let hubby do things his way or else they wont get done at all. And in your case it doesnt hurt to just talk to your husband and tell him how you feal. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Men eh! Seriously I just do it anyway! I have to or nothing will get done properly. I know it sux but.....
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2011