38 and a half weeks pregnant

I am due to go into labor anytime now and I have bronchitis. No fever. Just hacking up nastyness and I feel like my throat is on fire. And I can not stop coughing! Anyone know if they will do anything differently (should I go into labor while I am sick) because I am sick? Or will it even matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure why they wouldnt 'let' you hold your baby if you are sick lol. Nothing would go any differently accept they will prolly do antibiotics during labor and afterwards in IVs. Labor will prolly be alot more difficult if youre not breathing comfortably. Cross your fingers, drink lots of tea, get some sleep, and hope it goes away before you go into labor. I can imagine that would suck quite a bit.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 3:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would call your Doctor to have them check it out just in case. I'm not sure if they let you hold the baby if you get sick? I have no clue. I've just started having a sore throat feeling too recently. I'm going to the Docs tomorrow so hopefully I'll find out if it's just the pregnancy symptoms or me really being sick... Call tomorrow!! It's important, esp with how close you are. Congrats and good luck! Hope you feel better!
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That's what I am afraid of the most...breathing or trying to. I take a deep breath now and it sends me into a fit of coughs like crazy. I'm sure it will be okay. It's just gonna be really hard to go into labor and have coughing fits at the same time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011