Curious of heart beat for bby

If I got pregnant february 5th and was going to see an ultrasound tomorrow, that would make me 4 weeks and 3 days Is that too soon to see a heart beat on the ultrasound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got an ultrasound at 5 weeks 4 days and there was no heartbeat yet. They had me come back one week later at 6 weeks 4 days and we saw the heartbeat. They told me that the heart starts beating between the 5th and 6th week. So don't worry if you don't see it. But we did see the yolk sac and embryo at the 5 week appt.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 11:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think I was able to hear my baby's heartbeat at about 8 weeks. I am not sure if you can hear it much earlier than that.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The heart starts beating at about 25 days gestation. You are about 31 days pregnant so its not too early.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• but what about actually seeing the babies heart beat, not just hearing it? @luvmygrlz
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you can usaully find a hearbeat on u/s around 5 to 6weeks depending.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• typically it develops between 5-8 weeks.. (this means the heart AND the heart beat).. typically what you will see at 4 weeks is this:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-4-weeks_1080.bc

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I didn't hear my baby's heartbeat until I was 7 weeks and 3 days this is my second pregnancy and with my first I didn't hear till I was 8 weeks exactly sometimes it just depends.
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011