Is Windows Vista all that bad ???

I have a computer but I want to get a laptop for college purposes. All the laptops have Windows Vista on it, and I never tried it. Is anyone having any problems with Windows Vista (explain)? What is so different about Windows Vista that everyone don't like (explain)?

lmvalentine

Asked by lmvalentine at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Vista had some bugs when it first came out, but I think they've patched them all. The only people I've heard complain about Vista are the people in my field, designers and programmers. We prefer XP for a programming environment.

I bought a PC with Vista back in July for my house, and the only difference I see is aesthetic, and some difference with navigation. But it's not that big of a deal. It takes getting used to.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i have not had any problems with my vista - the biggest problem with vista is that many people buy computers or upgrade a computer that does not have enough harddrive or memory - as long as you get at least 2GB computer or bigger - you will not have any problems -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 10:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have 2 computers, one with windows vista nd the other is windows xp. Software doesn't work well with vista. I also had a hard time connecting my printer to windows vista. I finally took my printer and hooked it back up to my computer with windows xp. The drivers on windows vista are different.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I just bought a new laptop with vista windows and I have not had any problems at all .

I rather enjoy it.
    holly111

Answer by holly111 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I think vista is alot more conveinent i really like it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My laptop has Vista and I got it in July and I haven't had any problem's!!
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Vista seems to be OK on machines that came with it installed. But upgrades seem to be an issue.

My husband has a Vista upgrade on his laptop and despises it. He's a computer analyst.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• When I first got vista it some major issues but most have been patched. My only real problem with is compatability issues. A lot of software I used in XP doesn't automatically work in vista even if it says it will. This is especially true of antivirus programs. Also I and some of my friends have had hardware issues with vista. for instance if I turn my printer off it will automatically reinstall itself when I turn it back on and my default printer changes at will.

I do like the screen prompts and other changes from xp can be gotten around with gadgets
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dont hate it but there are a few things that I find rather annoying like the fact that everytime I take my computer out of sleep mose it asks me if I wasnt to take pictures off my printer if my printer isa turned on. Also our external harddrive does not work with vista so I cannot get anything off of it right now and some software issues but those have already been gone over here so I wont do it again :)
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2008