Help i dont know what to do

i just rented a house on 02-11-11 i have a one year lease i had asked for a longer lease but the lanlord told me that in 2012 he was letting the house go ( the only reason i rented it was because some one had set fire to my storeage shed and i know longer felt safe having my child in that town and i seemed like a steal )
i was unable to stay at the property until today due to repairs that had to be made before the gas company would turn on the gas to the house (i had to have them come out 3 times and and was forced to stay with friends/family for the first month of my lease ) when i checked my mail today(about an hour ago ) there was a letter from a lawfirm that stated that the house would be auctioned on 04-05-11 due to a judgement that was made on 02-08-11
what are my options? i dont have the money to move

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• op***********************

btw i plan on calling legal aid
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You need to check the landlord/tennant laws in your area. I've heard a lot of people are stuck in this situation. I take it your landlord did not tell you that the house would be auctioned off? If that's the case, you may be able to break your lease without penalty. You might want to call the law firm and show them the lease if you want to stay-- but be aware that the lease may be an invalid contract at this point.

This sucks.. I'm so sorry!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Have u made any payments yet?...If yes then I think u'll have to consult a lawyer
    momdoc2011

Answer by momdoc2011 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• op here ********************

im in oklahoma if that helps
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• He will be made to give you back your money and deposit if in the lease agreement/ rental it does not state that the place is up for auction or repo.... and I ould for sure get onthis FIRST THING!!!!!!! April is just around the corner. and you will have to move .. which means you can ask for moving expenses. But all this court issue stuff doesnt happen over night, or in a week.....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You should be able to get your deposit back and start checking on some other places. You are gonna have to make moves so you will still have to have your plan b,c,d. So sorry you are going through this. My hubby and I had a similiar situation when we moved to our city. The only thing with our situation was that we kept having to call the city to come in and inspect because the landlord was lame. They wound up citing the house as a danger to live in because of a repair to the bathroom floor that was needed. Needless to say, we had to move and the deposit we got back was only half of what we needed to make moves. Hope everything works out.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I actually have the ANSWERS TO YOU VERY QUICK NEED...I need you to msg me ASAP
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• So scary! I hope you get it figured out and can find a safe place for you and your kiddos.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 1:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• For sure stop paying rent and start saving up money to move somewhere else. Check your state laws- they have to follow some very specific rules in order to evict you- and if they don't you should go ahead and stay for as long as you can.

So sorry you are going through this. What a bugger.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, what Erica said. Get ready to move, but there is no reason you can't sit there rent free until someone tells you you have to move out. The new owners may even be looking for a renter after they buy it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011