How to tell concussion in husband long after?

We recently moved and my husband stayed behind to handle final arrangements. A month later he followed.
He just doesn't seem right. He does have multiple medical issues, including a messed up back (fell out of a high chair as a toddler), and chiari malformation. Headaches, dizziness, tiredness, and confusion are his normal symptoms, and side effects of his various medications.
But he seems much worse since he came. He sleeps 12 hours a day. He has a constant headache, but that has been true. He forgets absolutely everything. He also seems to be having trouble hearing, which was present but not a problem before. He has a definite reduction in cognitive function, but I don't know if that is a result of the degeneration from chiari or if he managed to hurt himself while he was alone and doesn't even remember it. He seems to be processing slower, he just can't get a grip on what he is doing. It is faster for me to stop what I'm doing, go to my laptop and pull up a site with a calculator, than ask him to convert pounds to cups (and in college they called him Math Man he was so good at math). He can't even handle going to the grocery store with a very short list, he comes back home with two of the things and no idea why he didn't get the rest. He seems confused all the time, no matter what he is dealing with. He also seems detached, like he doesn't care about things. This may just be that he totally doesn't remember what we were talking about and the whole time I'm worrying he has no knowledge of the problem.
He does not seem to be having any difficulty with his speech.
He was doing some work on the roof of the old house, so I suspect he managed to fall. If it is a concussion, what are the odds that he will get better? It has been two months since he got back.

liscat

Asked by liscat at 2:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/traumatic-brain-injury-concussion-overview

I'm sorry babe, I don't have any helpful answers.  I googled it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• if he has a regular dr. make an appt as soon as possilible. get him to see a a specialist. he may havesome kind of head tramua. dont wait. good luck
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• A concussion wouldn't do that. He'd have been long "healed" if he had a concussion. He needs to be seen by a neuroligist, among others, NOW. It sounds more like a stroke, but like he just had a stroke. If this has been going on for 2 months there is something bigger going on. Get him to the doctor TODAY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree he definitely needs to go see a doctor ASAP! I hope everything can be resolved and they can figure out whats going on!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 6:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Take him to the doctor
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011