How can I help myself go into labor?

My doctor says my baby is fully developed and healthy and I am ready to go onto labor, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• castor oil
    Anonymous

• castor oil will work but the taste yuck dont smell it first you will loose the courage to do it drink that and walk also nipple stimulation

Anonymous

• According to this study, having sex at the end of your pregnancy with some frequency will reduce the need for being induced for postdates pregnancy at week 41. Semen contains prostaglandins. Prostaglandins cause the cervix to "ripen", or soften and prepare to open. While it is debatable whether there are enough prostaglandins in semen to have any real effect, it is not a terrible way to keep hope alive and while away the last weeks of your pregnancy. Another great side effect is the fact that orgasms produce oxytocin, the hormone that causes contractions. So, between the two, there is a pretty good case for the cure for pregnancy
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 10:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• One of the methods of self-inducing labor that's been sweeping the internet in recent years is the myth that eggplant will start labor. This maternity myth started when a news story began circulating about a restaurant in Georgia named Scalini's. Apparently the mothers of over 300 babies have gone into labor in the past 23 years, within 48 hours of eating the eggplant parm.The funny part is, it may just be that the dish causes the women to go into labor, but it's not the eggplant. The herbs Oregano and Basil have properties that may cause contractions, though it is not yet known how or in what quantities. This is why, in aromatherapy circles, these herbs and essential oils are to be avoided whenever possible during pregnancy
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 10:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Vacuming is supposed to make you go into labor, do alot of walking!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• WHY force your baby to come out when it is not ready yet??? He/she may be developed and healthy BUT your baby and body know what to do without your control and will do so if you just allow it. Let your child come naturally. Also if you or your doctor try to induce this opens the door for things to go wrong, why not put your trust in you and your baby to come when they are ready and without trauma or stress of trying to control the events.
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 11:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• OMG do not use castor oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will possibly make you go into labor but it will tear you up its like taking 5 boxes of ex lax you will have a very messy delivery and im not talking blood and goo im talking POO!! plus you will have hella gas!!! Have your hubby stimulate your nipples have alot of sex and walk have more sex and walk some more i know sex and walking are probably are the 2 least things you wanna do but they work for alot of people..... AGAIN DO NOT USE CASTOR OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• um sex worked for me.....orgasm and semen helped me induced my labor. I just had my 3rd child 5 months ago =)
    mommaforobama

Answer by mommaforobama at 3:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2008