Can anybody find me a bra that FITS?

I have lost 40 pounds over the last 6 months, and my old bra did not fit me. No surprise there. I bought a Bali bra 38DD- too small. I bought a Bali bra 40DD-too big. WTH?? They don't make a size 39DD!! GRRR! What's the best and worse bra you have had?

crazycatlady66

Asked by crazycatlady66 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Honestly since having kids I have to go to victoria secret. I cant find a bra anywhere else that fits me as well as what they have there. I'm a 34 and between D and DD lol Its actually kinda annoying to have to drop $40 on a bra that I could find at walmart for like $10 if they carried my size... have you tried getting fitted there or asking them what they suggest? They had some great suggestions for me.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 3:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Try 38DDD. That's what I had to do. GL.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 6:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have had the hardest time with bras myself, i like victoria secret, but awhile back i bought some brand new ones off ebay and they are really good too. Maidenform, i never heard of that brand before but i looked them up and they were a good quality bra.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I can't buy them online I have to try them on. First go into a department store and get help with a fitting. I know it sounds queer though I tell you many women don't know how to find the right bra. They can help with that and show you how to put one on properly and check the fit. I just read recently even Lane Bryant is offering help with fittings.
    There are many online calculators too.
    http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php
    Good luck!
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Go to a store that does bra fittings, and have a professional fitting done. Since different brands and styles are cut a little differently, a professional fitter can help you find the right style and size for you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I like Victoria's Secret bras and they can fit you right there
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 7:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thanks for all your help, ladies. The best bra I've had-Vanity fair satin Solutions Underwire. But, of course, they don't make it anymore. The worse bra-the Bali bra I'm stuck wearing for now with the comfort straps that dig into my shoulders!
    crazycatlady66

Comment by crazycatlady66 (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• go to JCPenney they have bra fitters in there underware section these woman are great.......and they make little xtender things you can get for stange sizes like yours.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Go to Lane Bryant. Get fitted, and try on a bunch of bras in the size they tell you. One warning, not all their bras fit the same size - I'm a 38DDD but a couple weeks ago I tried on a t-shirt bra (no seams, etc) and the biggest one they had in store didn't fit - because it had no stretch. But LB is the best place IMO to go get fitted and try stuff on. They always have good sales too. I wore a lot of Bali before finding them, and now I won't buy anything but Cacique bras from LB!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011