My s/o cheated on me some time ago with women from facebook,bars and clubs,dating websites,hired escorts, exes of his etc,etc....

and i plan on leaving him but i know if i tell him that i am leaving, he will take away my car keys,laptop,and cell phone because he does not want me to leave. when the time comes for me to leave, do i tell him i am leaving before hand or do i leave while he is at work so he does not mess up my plan?? i know if he makes me miss work(by taking my car keys) it might get me fired. ps........ he CLAIMS to love me a lot and has bought me like 60 thousand $$ worth of gifts just to make it up to me because he said he just made mistakes... advice please??? he has done a lot for me and i don't want to be ungrateful by leaving without saying goodbye but i know i deserve a man who will be faithful to me. life is too short.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I wouldn't say one word.  I would leave while he's at work.  He lost the dignity of an actual goodbye when he couldn't keep it in his pants in my opinion.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• MrsHouston said it best! Please take care, OP. Big hugs.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• leave while he is at work and be grateful that one of the things he didnt give you was an STD
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Definitely leave while he's at work, regardless of what he's bought you, you owe him nothing and you need what you have to survive. That's the least he could have given to you after what he did and if you stayed, he'd continue to do it and chances are you'd never be able to forgive or get past what he did! Best of luck!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Is the car in your name? If you need the car for work transportation be sure it is in your name. do you have a place set up for you and your kids to go? Get all the plans together quickly and take action. Best wishes.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Don't tell him a thing. Sell some of those gifts and get yourself a car that will get you back and forth from work, then leave. You're completely right, life IS too short. If you put the new car in your name he can't touch it, good luck!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sense you know he will try to stop you and you do not want him to mess it up. Do it while he is at work.  It is his fault you actually are leaving.  Do not feel sorry for his cheeting ass.

Answer by louise2 at 5:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My ex DH was very abusive. I had tried to leave before and he had stopped me and wouldnt' let me take our child. I left when he went on a business trip. I went to a lawyer and told him my plan, he drew up the divorce papers but had it that his assistant wouldn't file them until the Friday before I left as I was planning to leave on a Monday.

Get as much info as you can. If the car is in his name (as was mine in my case) make sure you won't get in trouble by taking it. I had it put in the divorce papers so that if he tried to say I stole it it would be marital property that I was asking for in the divorce and since he had his own vehicle the courts would have seen it as mine anyway.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• He's shown his lack of respect for you. Get to a lawyer and get things drawn up and begin setting up your own place. Your lawyer will help with what youre entitled and what will work best. Prepare and get out as soon as possible, you know you deserve way better!!!
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i agree with everyone else leave while he is at work. the gifts he bought you were to make him feel better not you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011