can social services PIOG

im sure this will make me sound like a bad mom but when my son was 2 cps placed him "temporarily" with his father because my boyfriend and i got busted for posession of marijuana. We didnt smoke around my son, only on wknds when he was with his dad, but anyway BF and I got clean asap and have been for 2 years. we've been randomly drug tested and taken parenting classes since it happened. my son is still with his father even though i have been fighting to get my son back, i only get him on saturdays for 6 hours. I will never stop fighting for my son to be back home with me. I know I messed up but i've done everything to fix it. I am pregnant now with my second child and i just want to know if cps can do anything about it. Like I said I've done everything I needed to do and have done nothing wrong since that one time but I cant go threw losing another child. anyone know anything about cps' being able to do anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• BTW my son is 4 now
    Anonymous

• in my county CPS will only take a baby in very extreme cases. If the child is in placement and you are not holding up your end of the bargain they MAY take the baby or if yuo are found driking or using illegal substances while pregnant and refuse to seek help they may take the baby away but honestly teh reason yuo dont have your son full tim sounds more like a custody issue than you not following through on what CPS wants you to do. As long as you continue on the straight and narrow you have nothing to worry about. Congrats on your sobriety. Thats really something to be proud of. It takes a lot of courage to break an addiction.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Im not really sure,you may need to check out the laws in your state,each state is different.If someone (say an enemy you have or just a troublemaker) thinks you may not have cleaned up and report you than CPS will look into your situation,If they feel your kid would be in danger than yes they could step in even at the delivery, but if you have done everything you should I dont think there would be a problem,but since your name is in the system,it will haunt you for ever.No matter what you do,people will judge you by that mistake.I wish you luck with your son & the new baby.
    4mom247

Answer by 4mom247 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• to the person who wrote this question THis just happened to my sister also. can you priviate messgae me. I have a few questions.
    MadeylnsMom

Answer by MadeylnsMom at 11:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Wow, this is so sad to hear! My heart goes out to you and your boyfriend during this terribly unjust, and painful time. CPS is a nasty organization that really does not protect as many children as they claim to. You are not a bad mom at all, and don't you even let anyone convince you of that! In my opinion, this is on par with CPS taking your child for keeping wine or beer in the house. With this pregnancy, make sure you don't smoke cannabis past your 20th week of pregnancy, they can and will test your baby's meconium, and those tests date back to 20 weeks. You could also avoid the testing altogether by having a home birth instead. (continued)
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Jump through their little hoops, pass their drug tests and classes, I know you probably won't learn anything, and it's a big waste of time and pain in the ass, but it's best for you to be in the clear before you have this baby. After this whole thing blows over they can't take this baby away from you if you stay informed and know your rights!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• WOW very sad...and all this for a little grass?

Hmmmph...no wonder kids in alleys are dying of herion over doses..their more concernerd about a happy pothead,....

U should fight for your little one thats now 4 ...
    stay off the grass....
    they cant do nothin with this little one,
    its a new start,
    Anonymous