Need chew toy ideas

My bulldog will be a year old on April 9th. We are having trouble finding things she can't tear apart. We had gotten her the black kong and she had chewed it into pieces in 10 minutes! Does anyone have any ideas on what we can give her that she won't be able to destroy so quickly? We did get her a soup bone, and it lasted for a while, but she is getting pieces off of it now too!
Thanks!!

tracy0812

Asked by tracy0812 at 6:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pets

• I know that petsmart has some toys that if your dog destroys then you can replace it for free. Our dog always destroyed every toy she had too. My FIL had told me about that because he had a pittbull and she destroyed even the ones that they say the dog won't.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I use soup marrow bones with my dogs but they do not last forever. When they start to splinter is when I throw them out and replace them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my doberman does the same thing. short of buying him a tire if you find anything let me know
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• jodi205, that's an idea! I did catch her one day trying to chew on out brick steps! I wouldn't care if the dang things didn't cost so mush!
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ooops!! muCh!
    tracy0812

• Aren't Kongs supposed to be the strongest dog chew toy there is (especially the black ones)?? lol What bone is a soup bone? If it is weight-bearing, I've heard that weight-bearing bones are actually too hard and can break teeth depending on how aggressive the chewing is (and it sounds like your dog is an aggressive chewer). I hope you are atleast giving her the bones raw with a little bit of meat/cartilage still attached. Cooked bones can splinter and stick into the roof of their mouth, in the throat/esophagus, or through the stomach/intestines. Have you tried Nylabones? They have hard ones and they have digestible/edible ones. If your dog can chew on the soup bones without any problems, she should be able to chew the hard Nylabones, too. I know some dogs don't really care for them though. Sorry, I don't have anymore suggestions.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We get the bones from the pet store, and they do still have meat on them. They are not cooked. We've always given these to our dogs instead of rawhide. Yeah, we have tried Nylabones, she chewed thru them as well. I didn't know they had edible ones, that is probably a good idea! Thank you!!
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The ones where you can put a treat or peanut butter or something in the middle, that would keep them busy for awhile. Good luck!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011