Do you ever get to the point?

of where you have just had enough and want to sit down and cry? Like kids talking non-stop--and I mean just talking to hear themselves? Kids fighting and you have spoken to them numerous times and they still continue? What do you do to release the stress?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh this never will end... I have two daughters, 17 & 14... I can't remember how many times over the years, I would scream on the top of my lungs "would you two just stop" .... I started a ritual of giving myself a " time out" when my kids were young... I would tell them I am not behaving like a mommy should and I needed a time out and have to go to my room till I am ready to get along with everyone ... They loved the fact that mom was in "trouble" and need a time- out... I would go to my room to read a book, take a bath, or a quick nap... It was a rule that no one is to interact with someone who is in time out or they would end up in time- out themselves....As the girls got older and were able to stay home alone... If everyone is outta control and I feel like I am going to explode, I put on my i pod, take the dog and head out for a long walk or take some time and pamper yourself..
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 8:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have in the past, but I havent had that happen in years! I always changed what we were doing because if I changed the situation (go for a drive, walk, to the park) then that fighting, talking, or whatever stopped and changed into something else. So basically I am one who diverts what the kids are doing and changes it to something else.
    Then I aim for an early bedtime so I can relax.

Answer by gemgem at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• This is usually where some women just SCREAM! although not quite effective to solve the problem it is a release for them, so if you do not want to scream at them, go outside and scream at the top of your lungs several times.

Answer by older at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yep. I've been there, and just cried. It's okay. But I try to take it and change whatever got me to that point in the first place. Now I'm much calmer and can see the forest for the trees.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I take a deep breath and realize "this too shall pass" It goes fast someday they wont be there making noise and you will miss it. 5 of my 9 kids have moved out 4 of those are out of state, it seems like they were driving me crazy just yesterday.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011