• In the Spotlight:

Stress--How do you handle it?

what do you do to relieve stress?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• reading,shopping, knitting, baking and the one i do a lot is CLEAN!
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Crafts, exercise, housecleaning, long, hot showers/baths, reading a mystery.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I meditate, go for walks, do yoga or other exercise, read, listen to music, take a bath (if my DH is home to watch my son), make to-do lists so I don't have to constantly think about what I need to do next or worry about forgetting something important, and I just generally try to be present more often throughout the day and not worry about the past or future too much (challenging at times, but it can help).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• exercise, go for a walk, have sex, talk to a friend and vent, scream into a pillow, take a hot shower and cuss and moan to get it all out without anyone hearing me, work my stress ball lol.

Answer by gemgem at 7:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My ex used to give me too much of stress. Even keeping a cup of tea on table for him had to be the right way or I had to go through so much of scoldings and rebuking. Thankfully that's my past. Otherwise I'm good in handling stress. For destressing myself I find music works for me..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Unfortunately, stress and anxiety got the best of me in 2009-2010 and I had a major breakdown. I am on meds. and I see a psychiatrist and psychologist on a regular basis. I also handle stress by participating on this site,as well as on Facebook. I was forced to retire from my teaching job as a result of my illness. I was also hospitalized a couple of times. To avoid a setback, I try to surround myself with positive activities and friends and family. I'm determined to stay well so handling stress in the right ways is a daily priority of mine.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• read, cry, get some fresh air
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I take a nice long hot bubble bath, a walk , and really listening to music is such a stress reliever for me, color with my girls or play a board game, we will get the Wii out and do some just dancem hearing them laugh and seem so careless, really puts things back into perspective for me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I focus on gratitude and shut down that negative committee in my head. Usually it is when I am thinking about everything at once and not "staying in this moment". It is easy to feel overwhelmed, stressed and frustrated. Recognizing that the power to change it comes through your thoughts is a great coping skill. Practice thinking about the good things, not future and past tripping and just enjoying what is going on right this minute. Block out the rest of it and do the things you find enjoyment doing. Change your thinking.... change your life.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• sex

Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011