Comparison.....

IF you are talking, emailing, etc., with someone and say for example you say:

"Yes my ex use to do that as well, but I think you are better at it"

Isn't that like a comparison that no one really wants to hear???

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on what it is. I have ex's who were actually good at things and those things had nothing to do with why our relationship ended. For instance my sons dad was always a good provider, so if I said to someone my ex was good at that too but you are better, it would be a compliment. Now if it is something negative like my ex was a cheater & a liar, but you are better then he was at it, obviously a negative lol.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Kinda depends on who's saying it and what you're better at.. but most likely a very stupid thing to say.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That's very funny. Never compare your ex's with your present life. No, no not done....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes..but i guess it would depend on what we were talking about.
    if my dh said "my ex gave blow jobs as well, but you are so much better at it." i would probably never want to give one again.
    now if he said.."my ex made these cookies, but yours taste so much better" i would be happy to hear that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It might make someone feel like - why do you even have to bring your ex into this, are you still thinking about him? On the other hand though, I'm not sure it would really bother me if someone wrote that to me. Guess it depends on what it is ... sex? Yeah, might be bothersome. :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• HA! Yes obviously that is a negaotive! LoL Was just emailing and trying to make any comparisons if that makes sense. Something hit me that I think I do it without thinking and that I need to stop!!!!
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• @shay ... that's exactly the point I was trying to make, but couldn't quite make it sound right. You did it with perfection!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes it is
    it could be the best complainment of all the world
    but in that way
    it is overpowered by the ex comparison
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Your current interest does not want to feel like you are comparing him to your past in any way, shape or form.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Never voice any kind of comparison to the ex.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2011