What can't you stand about your MIL?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 8:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Where do I start?
    Lets see I cant stand how she pretends to like me when she doesnt.

I cant stand how she tries to pretend she is my dds mom when she isnt.

I cant stand how she is always trying to override my punishment (she spanks dd when I am not there & I have told her we dont spank in my home or my kids never are to be spanked).

I cant stand how her husband is a liar, cheat and uses drugs but God forbid anyone bring it to her attention because were badmouthing him and he is a "good man".

I cant stand how she treats my dh like hes 12 & undermines him.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• bumpbumped this question.... 

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i love my MIL. if i had to pick something..i can't stand her dogs and sometimes i don't like it when she smokes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• clean FREAK, well some people are clean freaks but it just irks her to have snow or anything wet all over her floors (its cleanable!).

It irritates her that i have my crap out on the counters, tables, ect but she has tons of other clutter that is her's all over and its fine.

When aggervated with MY dogs, she always says "get rid of all the dogs!"

The dog she has is very greedy when it comes to table food, he eats like a pig and doesnt share with any of the other dogs, he also stands right beneath her feet cause he knows she will feed him. she laughs about it and claims he's gotten fat...just wait till he has problems because of it!

used to not listen to my kids's words and be like "yep, yep!" but now she's getting better.

spreads things like wildfire, you cant keep a secret with her.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I actually really like my MIL. If I had to pick something that irritated me, it would be that she will sometimes speak Japanese around me. I don't think she says things about me or anything like that, but it is annoying to not be a part of a conversation that is around me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I love my mother in law.....I can't stand that she is not here with us anymore! She passed away and was a very special person to me! Yes, I'm being honest, I loved her!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I dont know my MIL, I've never met her.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• hmm well for starters she treats all her granddaughters like they do not exist but her grandsons are the world to her. especially 1 grandson in particular. yes the girls are mine and her oldest sons children. she argued with me about why i was in her son's life before we married. and then she acted like his ex girlfriend was better then me. she does not send anything or call her granddaughters on their birthday. but the grandsons get calls and gifts. shrugs. my kids know that my fil loves them and they told me theirselves they do not know why she hates them but they say that it is her choice.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011