What is the one thing you gave up as a luxury that you do not miss?

I gave up fake nails. I can not believe what a waste of money it was for me. No matter how much money I spent, I always bit them off or they would break. UV , the latest technology , it would come off. I am so happy not having all those chemical on my nails and feel much better. Anyone else with a luxury they gave up and do not miss?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Flying...for the most part. With small children, I liked getting from point A to point B so much faster than in a car, but it is more expensive, more confined, more invasive (nobody needs to scan my pregnant belly and children's bodies!), and we miss seeing a lot of things that we would see when we drive.

I like that when we drive and the kids get restless, we can stop somewhere and eat, let them run a bit, and get back in the car. I like being able to stop somewhere cool that we saw. Its less expensive, typically. I don't miss flying all that much!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My sporty Mercedes, I gave it up and bought my three teens their own car, I got myself a Honda Civic and I have loved it ever since!

Answer by older at 8:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• we recently pitched our blackberry phones and went back to our old simple phones. we're now saving $100/month on our bill by doing so, best decision we ever made! i dont even miss the "convenience" of a "smart phone".. i enjoy having that extra hundred MUCH more!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• we got rid of the internet and email on our phones, it saves almost $20 a month and i dont even notice it.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Hmm. I used to give up so many things for the sake of my younger sis whom I always adored so much. She being the youngest of all was a pampered one. I remember how I used to save my pocket money in the second week to buy something for her ( ya though the parents used to give that money for me to spend). Never missed those luxuries which I gave up for my sis....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I also gave up the fake nails. I use to get them done every 3 weeks when i was 18yr. than just started getting them when I had a bday or something but once I had my daughter I stopped. Its harder to grab things and i was always scared to break them esp when they break my real nails that would hurt the worse.
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 8:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I gave up acrylic nails and pedis...I did go get one after very unfortunate situation...but once these are gone, I don't think I will make it a habit again. I also gave up buying $200 worth of expensive makeup each month.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• For me it's the going out to drink. I'd much rather be doing something with my son. Besides I can't afford to loose the day after, I have a kid to care for.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I stopped buying Juicy COu

mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ture
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011