Are most shows on tv really getting bad???

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• Well I said this to my DH the other night, when people start watching BBC and other countries channels to find things to watch, that pretty much implies our shows suck lol

I do miss the sitcoms and non-serious stuff. I like some of the reality shows, but the crime shows...waaay too graphic. They show more than they need to and its way too depressing (for me). I liked drama shows in the 80s-90s that would just "imply" what happened or what they see and the viewers didn't have to see the gross details (they already got the idea).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I miss shows like Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, and Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman. I know we can buy them on DVD or watch reruns. It is the quality I miss. I also miss Life Goes On.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It depends on what your watching. I dont watch reality TV because I dont like it. Some TV shows are really stupid, and others are good but for some reason always get cancelled lol. Right now I watch Super Natural (have watched it from day 1), Vampire Diaries, V, No Ordinary family (which is just ok), besides that I watch alot of shows on ID.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• the shows like raising hope and parenthood are good. i still watch house but agree that it can't be around too much longer (i stopped watching it for years and just started again). and i can't help but watch some reality shows, bad girls club is just so funny.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 8:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I've thought that for several years. I still enjoy some of them though.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• House is getting played out. AMerican Idol is not all that. They hype up the show so much and a year later no one really talks about any of the contestants that were on unless you are Adam Lambert. It is such a letdown. Glee is getting on my nerves. Enough already and Gwnyeth Paltrow really now she should go home and either write a book or go hang with her man on a band. She is embarrassing lately esp. at the Oscars. You are old sweetheart....
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, there may be a golden nugget of a show here and there, but overall it's too much way-over-the-top TV filled with people who want to be famous for being outrageous or for simply nothing.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The reality shows are just too much. Scripted beyond belief . I guess actors need to eat too.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yeah too bad Bad Girls is on a bad network. It does not get promoted that well at all. I like to watch the Bachelor. Those girls are so cliquey and so fake. This year was really full of mean girls! Michelle is the priettiest one there even when she was crying she blew all those other girls away.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2011