Has anyone tried that HCG diet

and if so can you give me an idea of what one would eat ? example list a sample of a day's menu

Dmh123

Asked by Dmh123 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Have heard of this recently, I know it consist of a daily intake of 500 calories a day, the HCG takes your appetite away, my overweight daughter is thinking about trying this. I also know a person who did and lost a lot of weight.

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I saw a segment on the news the other night about how dangerous this is (and expensive too!) I encourage you to look at other more natural weight loss and fitness options. The HCG diet promotes extremely low caloric levels as well as injections of potentially dangerous hormones. It's not safe, nor has it been proven effective.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/07/hcg-diet-look-elsewhere-for-weight-loss/

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/hcg-diet-dangers.html

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• op, the diet dilutes this so called harmful hormone, (that we normally produce when one is pregnant) to the max, if you research the net, you will find it in pill form, which is a lot better and a lot cheaper than the injections. I want to remind you, this is not a magic pill, it is used as an appetite suppressant which seems to work temporarily, not a lifetime thingy to do, good luck.

Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Anytime you cut your calories to 500 a day, you'll lose weight. You'll also slow your metabolism, have no energy, and gain weight as soon as you start eating normal portions again. You can have nutrient deficiencies from the lack of calories, and it's REALLY hard on your body.

http://factoidz.com/the-health-risks-of-the-hcg-diet/

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the post ! I appreciate your feed back some really good point, but if anyone has done the diet please respond I would love to get your take as well. Thanks
    Dmh123

Comment by Dmh123 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Saw an episode on Dr. Oz Check his website.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• DANGEROUS! It's been on the tv saying NOT to do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• So bad for you.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My instructor did this, as well as her husband and they both lost a lost of weight. She lost 100 lbs and has kept it off. They used sublingual drops, that go under the tongue. They also learned how to control portions and eat less of foods that were bad for them. She did this under doctor's care and supervision. She had to have a complete physical before the doc would prescribe the HCG. And she had to go to the doc before any refill. She had a complete physcial when she reached her goal weight. She was healthier too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Never tried it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011