How is this my fault?

a few years ago things were really slow at my hubby's job and i had gone and applied for food stamps just to help us out for the time being. not expecting to get very much but even a little would help out i was very surprised at the amount we did get. i even told the worker i dont think this is right and she said yes we went by his ytd. i said still something isnt right she said i calculated it twice. okay so the next month i took in his pay and it dropped by only l0 or 20 dollars again i questioned it no its right well okay? so this was three or four years ago havent been on assisstance since but we just found out that are taxes are being taken for overpayment of food stamps from you got it three years ago. how is this my fault when i questioned it several times. this was their mistake not mine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Surely their mistake. Only hope the dept. understands as well....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would first call the office you went through and talk to a supervisor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i have and they were very rude with me bottom line is i have to pay for their mistake
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i would write them and tell them if they dont have camera's that show you calculated it twice while in that office that they work poorly and very unorganized.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well at least they were able to help when you needed it. Because of that I would not be upset though still very annoyed. Good luck straightening things out.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yea they helped and now im getting ripped off i told them over and over this was not right.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011