I can't stand much more!!!!!

PLEASE help! Our 14 mo old baby won't stop crying! He isn't sick, he isn't teething at the moment but he CRIES and WHINES the whole time he's in viewing of us!!! If I leave the room he stops only to start again as soon as I (we) come back. The evening is the worst when everyone is home.... I need help!! If you pick him up sometimes he stops, sometimes he doesn't. I'd say 50/50. We're all going nuts! We want to give him the right amount of attention but we can't pick him up and coddle him all day. Sometimes that's not enough. This has lasted about a month. I can look through the window at daycare where he just started going and he's never been crying. As soon as I walk in and speak to him he starts whining and boohooing. We can't hold him all the time and him hushing when I do leave the room or put him in the bath tells me he's just acting spoiled. For the love of god help me! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't have ant advice but hang in there surely someone on here has been througth something simaliar.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Its going to take time to fix. I would, when I am in the room with him, start small. Sit on the floor with him, not really holding him, but allowing him access to you and your lap. I would sit away from the toys and then if he is in your lap too much and not exploring, I would start talking about the toys, the ball is right there, can you go get it for me? Oh, good job, can you sit down and roll it to me. You need to teach him to be independant. Good luck, and feel free to email me if you need more help parajumper3@yahoo.com
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I feel so sorry for you. I went through the same thing with my daughter who utrns 3 in April.It's draining and frustrating. Take it day by day. As parajumper3 said it's not something that can be fixed over night. It takes months but you can get there. Try to find things for him that he likes doing. Introduce some sort of activity he can start doing by himself. My daughter finally grew out of it around 20 months, recently she started all over again when we brought her baby brother home. This time it's not as bad but it was horrible. I almost started crying the 1st day she started with the whining thinking oh no I can not do this again! Hang in there ... he will outgrow it with your love, patience (that we don't seem to have enough of no matter how patient we are) and guidance.

good luch n rmember to breath

greenmommyx2

Answer by greenmommyx2 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• parajumper3 -- he has been VERY independant and comfortable spending time with his toys when I have to do some things. Our house layout is very open so he can pretty much hear my voice anywhere and I talk to him if I'm not in the room. All this has been great with him until lately.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It sounds like he knows he will be picked up everytime he cries and he is counting on it. try to distract him with other things when he cries like reading a book or playing with a favorite toy.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Have you spoken to your Pediatrician about this? I would want to rule out any medical problems with my doctor first. Then if there is nothing that the doctor can find, then I would suggest not giving him his way, do what you have to do. I know that is sometimes difficult. My 2 1/2 year old is in the Terrible 2's now, but sometimes we just have to go about our daily business, not being neglectful, but there are a certain amount of things that a person just has to do in a day. This has been the biggest lesson for me as of late. I make sure she has everything she needs, make sure she isn't hungry, thirsty, need a potty break and is set up with activities she can do. Then whether it is laundry, doing dishes, taking a shower, making dinner, whatever then I go about what I need to do. Sometimes she fusses and sometimes she doesn't but the bottom line, She is okay.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You said he just started a new daycare? If so then this might be the reason why too. He might not be getting enough attn there and so he wants to make up for it at home.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011