Ick!! Lice! Gross!

Why is the ick factor so high with lice? They don't spread disease they are more annoying than dangerous. I subbed in a 1st grade class yesterday and 4 kids got sent home with head lice. Bleahhhhh, my head itches just thinking about it and I checked my kids heads today before they left for school. Those first graders are a huggy bunch. *shivers

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Because it's creepy-crawlies in your HEAD! lol That's why it's so icky! AND they feed off you! A tip we got from a teacher- hairspray! Lice don't like dirty hair. Also, keeping the hair put up helps a TON. My DD's kindergarten teacher sprays the kids' heads with hairspray every morning when they get to school. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• bugs attaching themselves to you hair...ICK!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yuck. if you have girls try to keep their hair pulled back in a ponytail or braids it helps cut down on the risk. also let them know to never and i mean NEVER use someone elses hat jacket or comb/brush.
    when i was a kid we had a tresure box at school that if we got so many stars we go to pick from it. i grabs a little toy brush and guess what... ya i brushed my hair with it and ended up with lice. my mom wasnt very happy. i remeber sitting in that chair for hours while she picked at my hair. and it happened more than once that year.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ICK... but poor kids. The first graders won't probably know how to avoid all that. I remember my elder one who is a teenager now had a best friend having this ick in his hair when he was in 5th grade; mine told me when one day I asked him abt his scratching d head. Sheepishly he told me though he knew but how could he be far from his best friend; I didn't know what to say. I did what not then; going for anti lice treatment to taking out lice from his hair, applying medicated shampoo for lice & also making my son to get the same treatment done by his mom....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ick is right! My dd brought lice home courtesy of a friend on the bus. The school couldnt figure out why we would get rid of the lice & a week or less later all the kids had it again. This happened 3 freaking times. Turned out the little girls parents didnt speak any english so her mom had no idea her dd even had lice. Her older sister finally saw the note and apologized. But boy those 3 weeks were rough (washing,vacuuming, treating, cutting hair, nit combs,etc).

Answer by gemgem at 9:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• *shudder*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ugh. Never had them and pray we never do.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• EWWWWWWWWWw They are so hard to get rid of!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011