Have you or anyone you know had gestational diabetes?

I had my blood glucose taken at the doctors offices and it came out high so I have to follow a high sugar diet and go to the holpital and get a 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test done! Does anyone know anything about these test?
And if I have it how is it taken care of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My test was also high at doctors, so I had to go to hospital for 3 hour.
    You'll have a blood draw for a fasting sugar, then drink glucola. One hour, two, and three hours later you will have more blood draws to check sugar. :You can't have anything to eat or drink (except what they give you) until it's all done. My doctor told me that most of the time blood sugar returns to normal by the second hour. Mine did. As far as the diet, HIGH protein, Low Carbs. Use sweetner instead of sugar.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• The test is just like she said above. You will probably meet with a dietitian regarding a diet that will help with your blood sugar. You will also be required to test at certain intervals (usually first thing in the morning, then after eating). Your doc will continue to check for glucose in your urine when you have your visits, and will want to know how your sugars have been (take in your monitor).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2008