How do you feel about the death penalty?

I'm against it. I was reading in our paper (I live in Maryland) that our legislator was trying to repeal it in our state.

TwocutiesMumma

Asked by TwocutiesMumma at 10:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that it depends, If the crime is bad enough- then I feel that the criminal should receive it- such as a person that has raped numerous woman, or molested numerous children, and the murderers that have NO remorse over what they did. If a person can laugh at causeing major monsterous crimes against humanity- then they deserve it. Why would you want to let them live and risk the chance of them ever walking the face of this earth again? What if something happened and they got out and did it again to others? Its a risk against society to let these people continue. However I don't feel its okay for other crimes that did not involve the taking or ruining of anothers life.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Murderers, rapists, child molesters...fry them.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was reading that one of the reasons is because it cost much more with all the appeals and lawyers and such. Also the families of the victims are put through mutiple trials and such for the appeals. My feeling is these people should be put in a maximum security prison with only BASIC (food, water, shelter) needs provided, just as death row does. They should not be allowed ANY appeals or any civil rights. If they kill each other, fine, if they kill themselves, fine. I think the money that goes into all the court costs, costs for the execution should go to supporting the families. If you have committed a crime strong enough to deserve the death penalty then you should get life without parole with no further court proceedings.
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 11:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• "an eye for an eye"
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 11:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I also feel that the "Death Penalty" is more humane then what I think they should do to them. Say for example a woman leaves her child in the car and that baby dies of heat stroke- I say strap her into a adult size car seat and stick out in the desert. Let her endure the same level of pain that that child had to endure. Same with murderers, if its multiple murders- well take them to the point of death, bring them back, and then do it again based on how many people they killed. I have no pity for people that commited intentional deaths on innocent.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I totally agree with you BabyBeans0506. You hit the nail on the head.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• BabyBeans0506 Same with murderers, if its multiple murders- well take them to the point of death, bring them back, and then do it again based on how many people they killed. I have no pity for people that commited intentional deaths on innocent.
    *********************************************************
    I totally agree with this. I believe that when there is overwhelming evidence, speciallty DNA evidence death penalty should be automatically. NO APPEALS ALLOWED. Save the tax payers money and get rid of the monsters who killed, rape etc.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I believe in it...and I think it should be the old fashioned way. People who intentionally hurt shouldn't be injected with a fluid to permanently put them to sleep.
    Electric chair! Maybe they will think twice about murdering someone.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I must also agree with BabyBeans that a lethal injection is much more humane than my idea of the death penalty. You want to drown your child...okay...so we shall fill up a tub of water and hold you down in it until you too die and torturous death. Let your child in a hot car...same for you. You torturously slice up a person...you too will be sliced and diced. Sorry, I am a firm believer in Hamurabi's Code....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The train ride from the guilty verdict to the death chamber is a long one and taxpayers generally pay for it. Now, if there is no death penalty then I say we take them to one of the islands that is owned by the US, let them off, and let them fend for themselves. Instead of building high tech prisons and giving them the comforts we pay for, just build a building and let them worry about the rest. They can grow their own vegetables and take care of themselves.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008