If you dye........

how long do you keep the hair dye in? i have come to realize the time on the box just doesnt cut it for me,how long do you usually keep it on before washing it out?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have noticed that too, thats why i was wondering.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• about the 25 that it says, how long do you leave it in for?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well i was leaving it in for the length of time it says but it never really covers all the grays so im going to leave it in a bit longer i think
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i just washed it out have the conditioner on now. i left it on for like fourty five minutes so i will let you know how that works out
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If you leave it on longer than the processing time you are risking overprocessing your hair. Box color is really strong. There may be other reasons why it's not covering your grey. If you do that every time you color your hair, your hair will start breaking. My first suggestion would be to go to a professional for maximum grey coverage, but if you absolutley won't, at least stop buying drug store color, and try something like Wella, from a supply store.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• thanks musicmom but i already dyed it and not to be ignorant i have had this hair for forty years now i know what it can take and what it cant. be back to let you know how it worked out jenn
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ya know what, you really don't need to correct what I say. I have been doing hair for 6 years, and am an educator as well. No need to be rude. Did you know your changes after 40? I have clients that have more resistant color after age 40 and threre are different ways to tackle that. And if you know so well, why bother posting??
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011