Help! I'm kicking Caffine!

Any suggestion for getting through ending the caffeine addiction?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• I would go slowly. I drink half caff coffee but there are days during the year that I fast. I slowly cut my intake so I don't get a nasty headache on top of fasting. It's easier to do with blending your own coffee vs cutting back on soda.

Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Good luck!
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• are you doing it all at once? Good luck!!! I get headaches when i don't have any caffeine
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree that going slowly is best. It will prevent the severe headaches that you can get, and will help your body adjust. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, so it can cause headaches when your blood vessels expand without the caffeine.
    Good luck! You can do it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I tried it once, but I wasn't very successful. lol Good luck, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you are a brave soul....i guess if you ease ino it easy? if you drink caffeine drink 7 days a week once a day...then slowly cut down to 6 days a week then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 time per week? may be?
    FON

Answer by FON at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well, I have been wanting to do it for a long time but with Lent here I thought no time like the present. I have a headache that is something else!
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ask ur doc
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I am going to be doing this tomorrow! Caffeine and SUGAR so help me God! It's just gonna take about 3 days, take ibuprofen or whatever you need to make the headache go away, and get lots of rest. You'll feel better. Ya know what? You might even notice once you get through the withdrawls your moods will be much better and you'll have way more energy. It is amazing! I definately notice that when I don't have sugar and caffeine I feel happier, less anxiety and irritation. Good luck, you can do it! Sleep it off if you can, that's my plan:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• wean yourself of slowly
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2011