Would you consider this to be rude and inconsiderate to others?

OK so here is the deal I fixed dinner last night which consisted of 4 boneless pork loins(figured one for each of us); mashed potatoes; green beans and a salad.  So I fixed my 2 boys plates and got them sat down and starting to eat and went back to get myself a plate and noticed that my husband had the other 2 pieces of meat; and the last of the potatoes(there was quite a bit left also) on his plate, left none for me.  I didn't say anything but he does this all the time and doesn't think anything of it.  So I eneded up eating just the salad.  What would you have done would you have said anything or what?  Just wondering.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• that is very inconsiderate and selfish. He should not have to be told not to be a jackass.....it should be common courteousy.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would have just stuck my fork into one of the pork loins and put it on my own plate and dared him to say something

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sure I WOULD OF SAID SOMETHING...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Oh I would have said something. As a general rule around here kids eat first, then I get served, then dh. He does it to insure everyone gets their meal and then he can pig out, and even then will get a portion and see if anyone wants whats left over before taking it all. See he learned the hard way. One day I made dinner when we first moved in together and he took all the damned food. I told him he was a glutton and that was so sloth of him to do and inconsiderate because we all have to eat and he has to make sure everyone gets food not just him. I went off on him BAD. I told him if he wants to eat first like a child then he can go back to his moms house. He hasnt done it since.

Answer by gemgem at 9:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• all I can say is WOW....... what a dick!
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would have taken my portion off his plate.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• next time you need to make yourself a plate as your making the boys theres. if not when he goes into the kitchen i would say "i would appreciate it if you would leave some for me this time" or dont tell him its ready til you get yours
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I too would have said something, but if you are not comfortable with that , then I agree with the person about fixing your plate when you fix the boys plates.
    Beth
    BethMcM

Answer by BethMcM at 9:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Very rude and I would have said something.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Heck yeah I would have said something! I would have gone over and gotten some of the potatoes and meat off his plate! lol Maybe he thought you had already gotten your plate? If not, that was really rude and terribly inconsiderate of him. My DH always makes sure that we all get enough to eat, even asks me if I want anything more before he gets seconds. You should talk to him about this and let him know it's not ok for him to take all the food when you haven't gotten anything yet.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2011