Would you consider this to be rude and inconsiderate to others?

OK so here is the deal I fixed dinner last night which consisted of 4 boneless pork loins(figured one for each of us); mashed potatoes; green beans and a salad.  So I fixed my 2 boys plates and got them sat down and starting to eat and went back to get myself a plate and noticed that my husband had the other 2 pieces of meat; and the last of the potatoes(there was quite a bit left also) on his plate, left none for me.  I didn't say anything but he does this all the time and doesn't think anything of it.  So I eneded up eating just the salad.  What would you have done would you have said anything or what?  Just wondering.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would make my plate and stick it in the oven, then make the kids' plates and then let hubby know it was ready. Honestly, if that happened in my home my husband would find a plate broken over his head. What a jerk!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would have been very upset and I definitely would have said something!  Actually I would have went and took my portion off his plate right then and sat down with a smile!

BandME

Answer by BandME at 9:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Oh hell yea I would have said something.. I would have said SERIOUSLY, YOU SEE ME WITH NO PLATE YET YOU STILL TAKE ALL THE FOOD AGAIN??? HOW %^&*$ RUDE!! I would make plates including yours but leave yours for last in the kitchen, this way it is made and i would hope he wouldn't take food off your plate for seconds! Good luck and SPEAK UP!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Say something! Communication is the most important part of a relationship. My husband has done the same thing and I believe it was the way he was raised. Men got served first. It is kinda sad and makes me wonder if he ever went hungry and that is why he seems
    'greedy".
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 9:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• "Um, excuse me, where's my food? Why the h*** is MY food on YOUR plate?! What did you expect me to eat, huh?" And next time I'd make my own plate first, even before the kids', that way I'd know I was getting food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• There are a few things that you can do, since I don't know the dynamics in your home, I wouldn't say that you should do anything that will cause strife in your marriage.
    Talk to him about this.
    Make a larger dinner.
    After dinner is ready, make up your plate first.
    I don't know how long you 2 have been married but watch how much he eats.
    It seems like you're a very good cook! You can say, "thanks for the compliment, I'd love to be a judge too ;)
    His actions are inconsiderate! But you 2 don't have to fight about it. Hope this helps!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ya your hubby needs to know that you too have to eat; he has to be concerned about it. Have a polite talk about this with him....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Um yes I would say something & have before in the past. SO now asks how many pieces is for him b/c he has gotten in trouble before lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You bet I would have given him a piece of my mind!!! and yes it is very inconsiderate!

Answer by older at 9:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I probably would have made some smart ass remarks like "Either you think i'm fat and all i need is salad? Or you are such an inconsiderate ass, that you don't think i need to eat the dinner that i prepared?" And honestly, i would have then not eaten at all, just to be spiteful and left the room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011