Pots and Pans

I am getting ready to move and I want to buy a new set of pots and pans for the new house. My question is what is the best set of pots and pans for the price. I would like a large set so I don't have to keep buying more. I have looked around and there is SO much to choose from and the prices vary so much for essentially the same thing! So, what in your opinion is the best brand? What cooks the best? Are they non-stick, aluminum, porcelain, hard anodized? What is the best of the best? Also, what won't cost me an arm and a leg! :-) Thanks in advance ladies! :-)

Neon1980

Asked by Neon1980 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I like the rachel ray set.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Tramontina tri-ply stainless steel set. As good as the All-Clad but less than half the price. Their hard anodized is also nice, if you like nonstick. And all made in the USA.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have a set of Betty Crocker Stainless Steel Cookware that I bought at Walmart. I love the cookware, it has great reviews. I have had my set for about 5 years now. I love stainless steel because it cleans up nicely, can go in the oven and you can get a good price if you check on line.
    Beth
    BethMcM

Answer by BethMcM at 9:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Stainless steel seems like the best for the price to me. I hate non-stick, especially teflon or something like that- it all flakes off after a while.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The Paula Deen sets are Walmart are reasonable and very good.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I like tfal
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011