Depo shot?

Has anyone ever got pregnant while on that shot? I'm kinda freaking out, I got it the end of January right at the end of my period and still haven't gotten my period since??? Normal??

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did you just start the shot, or have you been on it for awhile?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's possible, but the depo shot usually takes away your period, which is normal for being on the depo!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Had it after my son was born. He was born May 5th. I got my shot maybe 2 mths after, but had just 1 3 mth cycle but did not get my second shot til January.
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was always told I had to get it the 2nd or 3rd day of my period. I do know someone who got pregnant on it, twice (a few years apart). I actually never had sex while I was on it - it was a precaution but unneeded (between my 1st & 2nd babies, when I was single). I had no periods whatsoever while I had it. So maybe you're just going to be one of the lucky ones who doens't have a period? I'd take a test anyway just to double-check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thank you! As much as I'd love 1 more, I am not ready just yet, he's only 10mths..lol ahhhh I guess a test will be in my future. I did have a lighter period when i was on it the first time, but it did not stop altogether.
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My friend was on Depo and got pregnant, so yes.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011