Period continuing while pregnant

Ok, so positive test this morning!! But I'm lightly bleeding....just enough to wear a light day pad. So my question is... I know some women still have their periods for the first couple months of pregnancy, however, its really light... Have you experienced that?? If so, tell me more... I have a positive test this morning and just want to make sure everything is ok!

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• A women cannot continue a TRUE period through out their pregnancy because a period requires ovulation and shedding of the uterine lining.

A women can have implantation and hormonal bleeding throughout the first trimester which is normal. The only way to really know if your bleeding is a miscarriage or not is to have you HCG levels tested over a 48 hour period to see if they are doubling or declining.

If the bleeding gets heavy and you start passing clotls or large portions of tissue then there is a good chance you are miscarring.

My miscarrriage started out as light pink bleeding that didn't even require a pad and slowly increased to light but needing a pad. The worse bleeding and cramping came later.

That being said I also had light bleeding the day I found out I was pregnant with my son and he was carried to term without problems.

Call your doctor for blood work. GOOD LUCK!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My mom had her peiod her first 6 months with me so it is possible.
    Angellove30

Answer by Angellove30 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You should talk to your doctor.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 7:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011