30 weeks and having a hard time standing for long periods of time....

I just started noticing this the other day. I have been sick the last few days and am only feeling better now, so maybe it is just because i'm weak still. I'm not dehydrated, I drink plenty of water. It is weird. If I'm at work or at home and try to stand, I can only do it for about 5 mins and then I feel like I really need to sit down. I feel pressure in my body and sort of dizzy. Anyone have this same thing and how long does it last? I can't imagine having this for the next couple of months! Also, it feels like my belly is pulling down so hard that it makes me want to sit.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no answer, but i'll bump ya
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had this problem myself. I worked 40+ hours a week , 8+ hours a day, on my feet THE WHOLE TIME. The best thing is to put one foot up on a low stool, like the height of a shoe box. Also, when at home, you can open a cabinet door and rest your foot inside on the ledge. When I got really dizzy, it was because my blood pressure dropped. Stay hydrated, too. And, if all else fails, have your doctor write a note and have your work put you on light duty. Best Wishes and Good Luck!!
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011