Do you ever get dizzy when you have your period?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I do get dizzy but I don't have heavy periods. I suffer from Vestibular Migraines though, so I believe my dizziness and vertigo are from this but it's worse when I have my period. Sometimes I can't even drive when it's really bad.

My mom had the dizziness, anemia, and very heavy periods, and she had to have an endometrial ablation to remove some of the lining of her uterus when iron supplements were not helping her anemia enough. Definitely talk to your doctor about it.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Are your periods super heavy? You might want to see a doctor about iron deficiency anemia (or anemia in general). It's a simple blood test (CBC) to check your red blood cells. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Go back to your doctor. There could be any number of reasons for your heavy bleeding. I suffered through years and years of it. Not being able to go out of the house for 2-3 days a month. I actually had to put toddler diapers in my pants because of it. I had endometriosis, fibroids and black, ugly tumors growing inside.

You don't have to suffer like this.  There are a number of options, but first they have to get a history and know what they are dealing with.

Good luck.  You don't deserve this

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, but only when my iron is low. I am anemic, and when I don't eat the right foods and take my vitamins, it definitely affects me. I'd suggest getting your doc to test your iron levels and getting a supplement started if they are low.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes especially if stand up too quickly
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• yes, they are awful, i swear in 24 hrs i will lose enough blood for 5 people on thier period, i have to double up on the pads. I did talk to my doctor once about it and he said he thinks i get low iron while i have my period, he wanted to put me of birth control but i get really sick taking it.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011