Should I have my 3 year old daughter get a flu shot?

roxy0318

Asked by roxy0318 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes. Of course, it is totally your decision. My son got his first flu shot at age 1. He is now 3 and just had his first dose of the flu shot for this year. He goes back in 4 weeks for the next one. I forgot to get his flu shot last year and guess what? He got the flu!!
    Nicki0627

Answer by Nicki0627 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• is the flu shot free? do they except medicaid????
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can use medicaid...but think it depends on where medicaid is accepted. The first year I got my son's done at the health dept and used medicaid. This year I am just using his pediatrician. The shot was $10 without insurance, but we filed my insurance so hopefully they will cover it. We will see. I think it just depends on where you get the shot as to how much it costs.
    Nicki0627

Answer by Nicki0627 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• No!
    Anonymous

• Yes, definitely get one, unless your doctor has identified a reason for you not to. Flu shots are primarily effective against respiratory type flu which is the most problematic kind (hospitalization, death, and so on). Not much use against a stomach flu so don't be surprised if you still get a stomach bug. Call your local health department in the county where you live. If you are on Medicaid, they should be able to tell you how to go about getting a free shot for your daughter. Medicaid is regulated differently from state to state - sorry I can't be more specific than that.
    pullinkytink

Answer by pullinkytink at 1:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If she is around a lot of other kids I would say yes.
    ilovemyjo2

Answer by ilovemyjo2 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Heck yeah...ANON...what do you mean NO?

my dd is two she got one she is fine,

i got my first, *im preggo with our 2nd*

Hubby still has to get his,

if you want to keep your child safe from the flu do it,
    sometimes they still get sick, but!!! most dont, mine hasnt and she has been around my mom with the flu!
    i didnt neither but HUBBY DID, my neice whom is 4 was sick for 15 days with the flu
    it takes longer for infants to get rid of the crap!
    Anonymous