How do i motivate myslef when im sick?

I have been sick for the past 3 days. My head feels like it is going to expload, my stomach hurts, my chest hurts, and all I want to do is sleep. I need to get laundry done and unfinish packing my house by tomorrow before hubby gets home and I just can't seem to get myself off the couch. Well, besides taking care of my girls. I am pregnant and am taking my meds (doc thinks I have bronchitis). I don't know how to motivate myself to do everything that needs to be done. I just feel awful, help!

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. Since you are feeling so very tired, you shouldn't push yourself to unpack. Figure out the very least that you can do, and take care of those tasks. Leave anything that isn't an absolute necessity. Since you are feeling so very unwell, it might be worth another call to the doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ask for help!! We all know moms never get sick days. I agree that you shouldn't push yourself. You may make yourself sicker, try to remember that you will be of no help if you end up in the hospital. I am sure your dh will understand if he gets home and the house is not in perfect running order.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 10:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think you need a little help. We moms can't do everything. Sorry..let us know how you are getting along.
    FreeToday

Answer by FreeToday at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You are pregnant, you ahve other kids, you are sick. You need to not worry about housework for right now - take care of yourself & your children, rest up, get better. If you push yourself too hard, you won't get better, you could get worse, and that will stress your baby. Put yourself on "bedrest" - get better, then catch up on housework!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i would ask for help...u got a lot on ur plate so stressing on lil things isnt helping u get better or good for ur lil bump :)
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I really don't have anyone to help me. I am new to the area. My 3 year old daughter is being a big help :) helped me do the dishes and do laundry lol. Of course she would put the clothes in the dryer for me while I was helping her and helped me load the dishwasher. she is such a good girl. Of course I am doing the majority of it, but she gets excited to help :)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Since you are feeling so very tired, you shouldn't push yourself to unpack; ask for help and get plenty of rest and then when you start feeling better then start unpacking and such
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011