Ancestry.Com

I have been messing with Ancestry.Com

I already knew that my moms family Came from Holland in the late 1800's
And I knew my Ex husbands moms family came from France in the 1800's

What I didnt know was my dads family can be traced to the 1830's in Kentucky.
My Ex husbands fathers family can be traced in Canada into the 1700 and France before that.

Do you use ancestry.com?
Do you know your family history?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I can trace several branches back to the revolutionary war and one back to Sweden in 1680.  I thought I saw something back to the 1400's, but I didn't find it on this computer.  Maybe it was not my ancestor but some cousin's ancestor that I am remembering.  I have information in two computers and several boxes of paper.   The stories of why they left their homeland are fascinating.  I love those family books especially the pictures.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes. My daughter became interested in it after I gave her the Family Tree book that I had put together. She went even further thanks to Ancestry.com. She put together a fantastic book for each member of our family. Priceless!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't know more than what my parents & grands tell me. I don't trust those sites though.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't know that much about my side. My husband has traced his family all the back to Ireland in the 1800's
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I used that site (and others) but never found anything. I Think it would be nice to know our history but it's not so easy when it's a closed adoption.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011