Has anyone tried the Mirena IUD and would you recommend it?

I am considering getting the Mirena IUD, but I want to know how others feel about it. If you have had one would you recommend it? Any problems?

mhperfect1019

Asked by mhperfect1019 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Health

• I had it for 7 years and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It was supposed to last 10 years, but after 6 it started to malfunction and I would bleed for about a day everytime hubby even looked at me so I had to have it taken out. I say go for it. You can get ones with hormones and ones without so I do not understand why more women dont get them. I loved not having to worry about it at all.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have my second one in now and I love it. I did have some spotting after it was first put in- but that is pretty normal. With my first one- my periods almost disappeared they were so light. They're still really light with this one. I love it and I would recommend it to anyone!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have had mine for about 6 months now, I only go t it snce the machain to help with the burning of my tubes broke right before I was wheeled into surrgery. I had the iv and the preg test and even the grown on I was mad but the iud thing is good. I have no period any more but I seem to pms at times
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• LOVE it!
    Anonymous