Anyone have boys 1st then have a girl and notice the difference in their behavior? or vice versa?

I had my boys first, 2 sweet little, kind boys. Then I had this little DIVA who is driving me insane! She screams, demands, has tantrums. Yes, probably terrible 2's, normal I know. Will someone please tell my husband it is not my fault our little girl acts this way?!! He had the nerve to tell me it's my fault! Help!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have boy/girl twins, so I'm seeing it side by side. My son is super sweet and mostly compliant. My daughter, on the other hand, is bossy and less compliant, and she and I have more conflict.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have an only boy who has been OUR diva so I think sometimes its also personality lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have 2 boys and then 1 little girl. She is definitely the Diva of the group & she is the baby. I would say part of it is the terrible 2's although I am not sure it gets much better. My DD is 9 & most of the time her and I fight a lot. When she gets mad at me DH steps in & helps me out. It is funny though because no matter how mad she gets, she still wants me with her all the time. I can't say it is a girl thing because as my boys have gotten older they have had their moments as well. Although I do have more problems with her. I am hoping as she gets older and goes through puberty that she will calm down a little.

On saving grace for me is my DD has been in & out of the hospital for the past 5 months. This has made things worse to some extent, although the other day she said "having my mom by my side every step of the way was my comfort & safety" So I know deep down she really does love me & someday will

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have a 2 year old DD, my SIL has 3 boys ages 4, 3 and 1 1/2 and oh my are they a handful. Maybe it is because there are three of them, maybe it is because they are all boys, but they are so loud and they play so rough. Numerous times all the kids have been in the other room playing together and I hear a horrible rucous and come running in to find my daughter playing quietly in the corner and the three boys running wild or hitting each other in the face or whatever. My daughter is no angel mind you, but from my limited experience she is much easier to deal with than her boy cousins. I am sure it has to do with personality, too, and the fact that she is an only child so she doesn't have to compete as much for attention or toys or whatever. My nephews are sweet boys and all but sometimes they go home and I thank God for my little girl. This probably means my next pregnancy will be twin boys or something- lol!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Every child expresses themselves differently and no its not your fault .
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had a girl first, then 3 boys & then another girl 15 yrs after the first girl. Girls are different from boys. She was my little princess and liked dressing up and all that girly stuff. Then I had the boys 15 months apart (first 2) and we called the Destucto's LOL. They jumped on beds, broke toys, ran everywhere, rolled in the mud and were generally all boy. I had son #3 when the other two were 6 and 7 yrs old and he was totally different then they were. He slept through the night right away, didnt cry much, didnt tantrum & really didnt even go through terrible 2's LOL. Then I had girl (kids 5) and she like first dd is girly, but also rolls in the mud when the moment strikes her, collects bugs and plays with GI Joes & Barbies LMAO. I think they are just all different.

Answer by gemgem at 1:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My two girls are the oldest and they are definitely a handful and my son is the youngest and he is quiet and easy going. We don't have many boys in our family and my youngest daughter just had a boy while my oldest daughter has three girls. Hands down boys are the easiest to deal with. Most girls act like their moms anyway so it's all about genetics.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i have 5 kids 4boys and one girl and yes boys are easyer then girls
    boys will listen girls want us to talk to the hand boys pout girls put on show and who ever in their way will get it
    first it is not your fault ,yes they do go through changes more then boys but they do grow out of it faster then boys
    boys become drama queens in their teens or young adults ,you need talk with her even at 2 she knows that when she screams you will all come running nip in the butt now before it goes any father ,my daughter is 21 and i am proud to be her mom there be good days for you and bad just go with the flow and smile because one day she will be mom with child just like her lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• tell him it's his fault that it comes from his genes. ha ha. just kidding. every child is different every person is different. we are born with personality. it can be developed in different ways but its def not your fault unless you are just letting her have her way. there is a book called the strong willed child. maybe will help.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• OMG I so have to agree with you my son was so sweet then my daughter came and she is a little handful!!!!!!! Your fault??? HAHA are our DH's long lost brothers...I'm just kidding but wow! So not your fault!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2011