Cant be induced

Was told at the drs that i wasnt inducable?? has any one else ever been told that?? and any body else know other ways to help bring on labor???

Heather0583

Asked by Heather0583 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did the doctor say why? Is it because you're not far enough along? I went into labor with my daughter after a day of lots of shopping and walking around.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was also 40 weeks 2 days.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sex and walking are among the most effective forms of self-induction. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That's pretty surprising to hear... most doctors are very induction happy.
    If you aren't far enough along then its best to leave that bun in the oven... They develop a TON in those last few weeks
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Either you aren't far enough along, or there are some conditions you may have that it's not safe to do so. You should ask your doctor as many questions about this as possible to clarify what he/she means. Good Luck. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Inducing is not a good thing...I'd be happy!
    If you are less than a week past your due date, than don't even worry.
    The best natural induction techniques are all at your disposal:
    -Sex - semen contains the same ingredient that most of the induction drugs have...so full on intercourse will bring on labor if you are "close" to that point. It worked for me! LOL

-If you are feeling DONE and you are PAST the due week, look up Castor oil. I know several people who brought on labor by ingesting Castor oil...it works...but if you take too much it will be STRONGER than it should be.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree with an answer already given: sex and walking...lots of sex and walking...it probably didn't help, but it felt good for my husband to rub my back and tummy. I even went to so far as to use a small vibrator in hopes of going into labor. We sent the kids to the inlaws' house so we could just concentrate on relaxing and trying to get things started. I also tried to drink lots of water and not eat much.

So I guess you can say we tried the natural way.
    FreeToday

Answer by FreeToday at 11:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I am uninducible. I've had a c-section (3 actually) and that means no drugs because it can cause a rupture. If you have had any kind of uterine surgery you should not risk being induced. Waiting it out is the best and safest way to proceed.  There are very few valid reasons to induce in the first place.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Why didn't you ask your doctor when he/she told you you weren't inducible?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Why do you want to be induced?

Your body knows how to labor when it's Time.
    If you're not in labor yet then it's not yet Time.
    It will be though!
    No need to force things or add unnecessary risks.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011