Feeling depressed

I've been happy for the whole week. Now I'm feeling depressed. Just out of nowhere. It's so bad that I don't want to do anything with my son.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• I agree with FreeToday- get yourself cleaned up, dressed down to the shoes. You'll feel much better just doing that alone. Get out of the house and get some sun(if there's any to be had- none here for several days yet). Walk around, dance, sing. Get moving. All of those things help when you're in a funk. I used to use the phrase, 'I'm so depressed.' a lot before I was actually diagnosed with depression, and now I realize those times were just the normal ups and downs in life. Depression is like a constant DOWN all the time, so bad that you don't want to get out of bed or even make yourself something to eat, let alone someone else. If you feel like that, then you should talk to your doc. Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I can completely understand where you are coming from. Most of the time I'm happy...then something, the littlest thing throws me off. I've found that if I can be completely honest with the way I'm feeling with my hubby, he listens, understands, doesn't judge me and gets me back on track. I hope you have someone to talk to that will do the same for you. Hang in there!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Does this happen often, or has it happened before? Depression isn't a term to just throw around... so if it's a one-time thing, I wouldn't use that word.
    That said... it could just be the time of year. Is it spring yet where you are? If it's still wintery out, that could be the reason you're feeling so down.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Have you let yourself go a little? Go take a long hot shower, put on make up, and fix your hair. Take him to the mall and let him play in the kids area. Talk to some of the other young moms sitting around there.....they are probably there for the same reason.
    FreeToday

Answer by FreeToday at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011