Why is it that im surrounded by SO much love, but yet i feel so empty and alone ?

I have an amazing fiance that will listen to me when ever i want him to and an amazing baby and family thats there but i just dont feel like anybody knows howi feel and that they honestly dont care about my feelings ...

LuvMyFam42210

Asked by LuvMyFam42210 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• At a time when you probably expected to be on cloud 9, things just aren't as you planned...am I right?

I experienced post partum depression after both my births. Sounds like you may be in that same unhappy place. But, it will pass. You can help your mood (without dangerous drugs) by upping your nutritional supplements, getting a little more moderate exercise, and (if possible) a little sun & fresh air every day (like a 30min stroll w/ baby). There are natural remedies for depression that can be very helpful (like Sam-E, & St. John's Wort) but before you take either of those, start with your nutrition. Be sure you're getting a high quality multivitamin & mineral every day. Take extra omega3, and magnesium citrate. Also add a good B complex. Avoid sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.

When negative thoughts pop up (like nobody really cares how I feel), shoot them down. Remind yourself that these are not true, and will pass. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If your baby is only a few weeks old, it's probably just your hormones.
    FreeToday

Answer by FreeToday at 11:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i kinda feel that way sometimes...i have good kids my husband in general is a good guy..of course there is room for improvement on both our part. i have good in-laws...Thank goodness i have a job. i do have friends...but i hardly see but through facebook i do get to catch up......soooo why do i still feel lonely too sometimes i don't know. Some have told me may be unresolved issues in the past?...may be it is something i have not personally satisfied in my life...is it work? is it schooling? is something just missing? or do i just need to talk to somebody?.....i hope you find you answer....I don't know how much help my answer is to you...may be when you find it you can tell me too....good luck!
    FON

Answer by FON at 11:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sometimes you need some extra help after having a baby, maybe it's something you should discuss with your doctor.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thank you everyone for you comments ... alot of them did help and no hes 10 months old which doesnt give me the hormone excuse:( thats what is so hard for me to wrap my mind around ... i appreciate the comment about the viatamins etc. because i do not like medication ... i perfere all natural thats why i have breast feed my son for almost 11 month :) thank you all again i hope it all works out
    LuvMyFam42210

Comment by LuvMyFam42210 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011