HElp me plan my soon to be 11 year olds birthday party please...my brain isn't working!!!

I want to keep it simple. HE wants me to keep it simple.I'm just so tired and so much is going on in our lives right now that I'm having a hard time focusing on the preperations!
I need it to be inexpensive.I need it to be at home.I need to get the invitations out!!
He wants all the kids to come play football.
And thats it.
My brain keeps waundering off into more details.I need to shut the over detail door!
He didnt like the flyers I made up as invitations. But I don't want to waste the money on expensive invites..they just get thrown away anyway.
Ideas?
I'd like to make them up by this weekend so he can take them to school on Monday.
If you were a parent of a kid being inviting to an 11 year old boy bday party..would you be okay with your kid getting all muddy from playing football...at a PARTY?
Should I or shouldnt I do an incecream bar for this kids to make thier own icecream..or should I just skip that?
Simple.Simple.Simple.So much harder than NOT Simple,LOL. Really..it IS!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh ya ... I always forget that not everyone lives in FL!! Ha Ha!! Sorry!

I'm the same way - I ALWAYS make too much food because we love entertaining as well! I think pizza, cake and drinks with a few "munchies" is fine. Maybe a fruit or veggie/dip tray for the adults? Or, if you have a local grocery store deli that makes party platters you can get a couple of those.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 11:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't mind my child going to get muddy at a birthday party as long as I knew about it ahead of time! (Are you going to let them into the house after)?!! When my oldest DD turned 10 or 11, I sent out invites saying the party would be at the local park and I ordered ahead for pizza delivery to be there at a certain time. I brought juice boxes and some bottled water in a cooler and a sack of plates & napkins. The kids and the park were their own entertainment! When they were done eating, I wrapped it all up and tossed it in the trashcan!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 10:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i would not mind at all if my son came home all muddy! how fun!!! just put a warning in the invite that there will be football, and possibly mud!
    sometimes i make invitations and then print them on photo paper at cvs.
    does your son want cake or ice cream or both? i would ask him about the ice cream bar.
    we did a snow day ice cream bar and crushed oreos were a big hit...i don't know why i never thought of it before!
    i would guess put out chips and pretzel kind of snacks and let the kids help themselves.
    personally...i would still do balloons and streamersif my son gave me the thumbs up because i find them very festive and cheap too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think your food sounds fine just something easy. As for football just include in invite and have them bring an extra set of clothes to change into should be fine. Or if so nasty out side might if have a wii or can borrow one have a football or sports day with wii games. Have other things to do like decorate football cookies to take home while not their turn to play wii. As for invites can get cheap on the dollar store or a party store. Or get contration paper and some foot ball stickers and have your son do them with info and then they will be ones he might like since did on his own. Ice cream and cake, chips and vegs for snacks, and pizza for later. But depends on time of party people might be full from lunch and might then not need the pizza. Parties are for fun, games, and snacks. Just easy stuff. Can maybe even do a pinata.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• oh my, our sons could be friends ...

have the invite say you are playing football rain or shine so dress appropriately, the worse the weather the cooler the party will be LOL!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• then invite them and let them play football but have a few refreshments for them afterward
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't mind the muddy part of things... but I would probably want it to be flag football because you probably don't have all of the protective gear needed for anything else... As far as invites: Brown construction paper cut into a football shape with white puffy paint as the threading and just the detail written or typed onto that....? Simple, inexpensive, and gets the point across. I would just make a cake with a bit of green frosting on top and white lines with numbers to mark the "downs," and a thing of gatorade made up. I might do icecream, but I don't think I would do a whole bar... maybe just a gallon of neopolitan (keeping witht he football stripes thing... and appealing to all tastes...) I would think superbowl party type snacks like chips/dip etc. but I would definately just let the kids play and maybe have DH to be the referee... Hope this helps... it's what I would do, lol!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• HI 5BabyBees :)
    I sooooo wish we could have it at the park but here in Ohio..I have no idea what the weather will be on March 26..could be sunny and pleasant..could be rainy..could be a blizzard! LOL
    So..if I were to just do like say pizza,juice,chips,cake and icecream...that would be good?
    We always make sooo much food for our parties.I think to keep the adults that come happy mostly,lol. We love to entertain and I think people know it so they expect a variety when they come over. But I am just not into it right now...with the newest baby and all.
    I don't know..I'm probably thinking into it way too much.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011