Tubes Tied & C-section? adult content

Has anyone got their tubes tied after they had a c-section, like the same day, they tied your tubes while you were still cut open from the c-section? what was your experience?

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes
    as long as they were in there
    made no more discomfort
    was numb from chest down
    felt nothing
    maybe made whole last a bit longer - for medical poeple, but i did not know difference as to lenght of time
    but was in and out for both in fifteen minutes!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I did. When my son was born 5 yrs ago via c-section I had them do my tubes at the same time. I remember my son was born and then as they were cleaning him up the doctor started on the tubal. It did not take very long, I think it was maybe 1/2 hour (or so) for the tubal. I am glad that I had it done, and if I had to do it over again I would make the same choice.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Was recovery longer? Did you have extra bleeding and pain afterwards?
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had mine done with c-cest no longer recovery or worse bleeding. I was actually out of bed sooner but that had more to do with my DD being in the NICU and me pushing them to let me.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I did not have a c-section, but I had my tubes tied the day after I vaginally birthed my youngest. Recovery wasn't any different than it was from my previous childbirths. I needed a little more pain meds, but bleeding wasn't any different, time of recovery wasn't any different. If you have to have a c-section anyway, that's the best time to have a tubal, you won't even notice it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I did. I don't think it made the recovery much different at all. I've had 3 c sections and with the last had my tubes tied. No extra bleeding and just the normal discomfort of the c section afterwards. I did notice a difference in my period after, just bled a little longer. But now back to normal. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my periods are the same
    the recovery was the same (although only had one, so i can not compare it to another)
    c section and tubes tied = all done very very quickly
    after the shot in spine, total time 15 minutes
    of course i was very drugged up so, maybe my time thoughts are off
    no more than 20 in surgery room- after shot
    while they cleaned baby, doc finished me up
    i did 'feel' tugging BUT i had placenta previa and he had to take out placenta so this is why i felt this i think not the tube part
    not pain, just tugging (and again, this was something other than tubes being tied)

do take it asy after c section, i did not
    ** i got spinal headaches after i went off pain pills for surgery
    you DO NOT want these, worse than any migraine, i have had huge migraines
    spinal headaches worse than any headache ever
    TAKE IT EASY!! especailly when using your back, neck
    spinal fluid slow leak, less fluid around bra
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had my tubes tied when I had my 2nd csection. Not much difference in recovery and it only took a few extra minutes.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• good question b/c I am also considering this next month
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 7:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011