After work out soreness

So I did the work out yesterday on the TV and today Im dying! My legs are so sore I can hardly walk, should I walk out the soreness or rest today?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I usually rest. I know what u mean b/c I had the same soreness 2 days ago.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Some gentle stretching and gentle walking might help work out some of the soreness and stiffness. Make sure you're eating plenty of fruits and veggies to get your vitamin and mineral stores up (particularly potassium).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Eh, I work through the pain. House work still has to get done, kids still have to be chased, food has to be made. I like the sorness and burn after working out! It's my favorite kind of pain! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• did you stretch after your workout? some people don;t remember that post workout stretching is just as important.
    Stretch now, even though it will hurt, you have to remove some of the built up lactic acid in your muscles
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Eat honeydew - there's somethign in it that helps ease workout pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Someone should have told you to stretch before and after and drink lots of water

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Stretches, and protein. Eggs, Certain Fruits, some chicken....make sure protein is your dietary focus today. Protein will help break down the sugars on your muscles from your workout. That's what's causing your "pain"....
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• rest, but the pain means its workin, I love feeling the pain so i know it works! If you stop feeling the pain try another workout that goes along the same lines of what your doing
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Make sure you're stretching well, but definitely take a walk to help. If you sit still, your muscles get tight...the more you move, the quicker you heal. I learned this when I 1st started running longer distances. One Sunday after my very 1st 13 miler I had to go the the grocery store and I was SORE. I hobbled out to the car and went to the store. By the time I was done, my legs felt MUCH better and I wasn't sore the next day. You don't need to do any walks for cardio benefit for this. Just a slow leisurely walk will make all the difference.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Try gentle stretching and walking.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011